Disclaimer: I practice yoga, but retired from teaching it after a very long and glorious career that took me all over the world. Yoga came into my life when I was 19 and has never left. This post is
First, imagine having this be part of you:
- Feeling strong and balanced.
- Feeling supple and limber.
- Enjoying physical and mental calmness, and also increased energy.
- Being able to unload unwanted stress at the drop of a dog pose.
- Getting great exercise, that is eventually free and completely portable. (Little or no equipment.)
- Promoting health. (Deep relaxation is good for your immune system. It helps your body rid itself of inflammation, among other amazing benefits.)
- Improved heart health.
I know, it is a virtual Taj Mahal of benefits!
Here are some tips for adding yoga to your life:
- If you think you are too stiff to enjoy and get value from yoga, know that you are the perfect person to get the most from it.
- Sticking with a class will help you feel like a whole new person. (One class might be so challenging that you want to quit. D O-N O T-Q U I T. Persevere for the sublime rewards.)
- Once you engage in stretching/ breathing/ balancing/ relaxing/strengthening that comes with yoga, your perspective on life will begin to shift. Feelings of peace and well-being will peak out to you from under your yoga mat. Noticing that will encourage these side-bennies
- I do not recommend learning from a CD or video. Having someone to help you with corrections to your posture, position, and alignment is critical to your success and can only come from a trained instructor.
Try it. You will love it. You will love you.
Rosie Bank is Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the founder of Health Matters Coaching. She is the author of the book, Health Matters and is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Rosie is an international speaker, blogger, and the founder of Health Matters podcast. She is certified as a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant through the American Fitness Professional Association and as a Nutrition Advisor through Sanoviv Medical Institute. Rosie’s partner in nutrition since 1999 is USANA Health Sciences. To learn how Rosie can help you maximize your health and achieve your goals, schedule here. Join our online community at Facebook to keep up on ways to stay healthy.
Interested in having Rosie speak to your organization? Learn more here. Contact Rosie directly at 650-740-9500, or via email. email@example.com
“Coaches bridge the gap between practitioners and patients, empowering people to take control of their wellness and reach their health goals.”Dr. Mark Hyman