CAN YOU RELATE TO ANY OF THESE REAL-LIFE DESCRIPTIONS FROM REAL-LIFE PROFESSIONALS
In preparation to teach a health-based class for a local professional group (that will remain anonymous for obvious reasons), I sent the participants a survey to help me know what their struggles are, and in order to customize the class. This is what was sent to me in response to the survey I sent them before our first session.
- I ache all the time. I get my job done but have zero energy when I get home. I slug through the day with every joint in my body on fire. I have no diseases, but I feel crummy. The doctor says to lose weight and avoid stress. Gee, thanks a lot.
- I’m forty pounds overweight and have gotten nowhere with every diet you can imagine. I hate to diet and fail every time. I need to learn what to eat, but I’m afraid it takes way too much time, plus I already eat healthy. It’s just that I get started and end up eating junk food on top of the salads. Help!
- I don’t have diabetes, yet. But I’m afraid I’ll come down with something. I used to love my job, but now I feel like it is breaking my back I am so tired all the time. I don’t think this impacts my work… but I’m not sure. Something has got to give and I hope I don’t die before I figure out what it is.
- The morale around here is awful. It’s a very unhealthy environment. Nobody admits how stressful it is because that is just what we are used to. I feel stuck in a job that I’m supposed to like. The money is good, but I keep asking myself how can I possibly take care of myself and keep up with the demands I experience every day.
- I don’t want to get the label of having an eating disorder. I don’t want to work with a counselor. I just wish I had a handle on the emotional impact of eating. Nobody knows but I wonder if other people deal with this as well.
Well, how do you feel now I can’t say that this represents all companies, but I wonder how many people work in environments that are not conducive to pro-health actions and activities.
Help me, please, by sharing your story with me. In my upcoming webinar titled Roadmap to Vibrant Health, I want to address what you, as a busy professional are dealing with. What are your challenges? What do you struggle with?
With love and encouragement,
Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Click for a free Ebook, It Pays to Be Healthy
Join our community on Facebook!