…the very building blocks that make up every single function in our bodies. Imagine a jar filled with packed dirt. If you pour water into the jar, some of the dirt is so dense, the water will not get into the dirt, but will run around it. If the water is our blood, and the clumps of dirt are our cells, you can imagine how nutrients delivered by the blood may not even get into the cells themselves. This is what happens when our bodies and our cells are burdened with toxins.
These toxins wreak havoc in a number of key areas, including:
- How we feel day to day, including our energy level
- Our ability to stay well or be at risk for illness (the strength of our immune system)
- How easily or difficult it is to lose weight or maintain our ideal weight
- Our capacity to benefit from the nutrients we ingest
- How well our bodies eliminate waste
Eliminating toxins can be the key to dramatically improving our health. Here are three keys to reducing toxins.
- Be mindful of the quality of our food. The closer to nature the better. The fewer pesticides, additives, coloring, preservatives, modifications, the better. The fresher the better. Examples of food that bring nutrient-rich building blocks to our cells are bright green leafy veggies, organic fruit, and whole grains. Drinking plenty of water further enables those nutrients to cross over into the cells. My own particular issue is with commercially prepared beef because it is overloaded with toxins, animal hormones, additives, etc. See what Wikipedia says about pink slime.
- Get plenty of exercise. It is actually the pump and release of our muscles that stimulate the blood to deliver nutrients to every cell and organ in our bodies. Jumping on a trampoline is especially good for the lymph system, whose job it is to dispose of toxins from the organs and release them through the elimination system. Deeper breathing also helps move toxins out of our bodies.
- Maintain a balanced life with loving relationships, getting plenty of rest, a good ratio of work and play, and finding ways to eliminate stress every day. Too much stress will cause your body to overload with toxin-producing hormones and potentially create stubborn weight loss, whereas relaxation stimulates the nervous system to restore and repair itself.
Living a healthy lifestyle can add years to your life and life to your cells. Your body will love you back for making it a priority to take good care of yourself.
With love and encouragement,
Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Click for a free Ebook, It Pays to Be Healthy
Join our community on Facebook!