#15 Why Stretching Matters Part 2
Yoga stretching is like the fountain of youth. Consider doing yoga stretching for a wide variety of improvements in how you feel in your body every day.
Think of the difference it would make in your life to feel more comfortable, more relaxed, more alive. Yoga stretching can help you achieve all of these and more.
May I assume that you followed my suggestion and have listened to Part One of this two-part podcast? Episode 14 comes before 15. You will invariably get more value if you listen to them in order. Yoga stretching can become part of your life. Let me show you how.
Here are the topics I broached on Health Matters Podcast Episode 15:
- How to deal with a “too-busy” life.
- How do yoga stretches help if you feel stiff in your body?
- What about equipment and your space? What do you need to get started?
- What about when to stretch? Is it better to have one set time, or are there a variety of ideal times for you to stretch your body?
- What are the pros and cons of working with a teacher, versus stretching on your own at home?
- Why it is better if you don’t compare yourself to others and have your progress be personal to you.
- Is yoga spiritual? Physical? What’s up with that?
- If you have just a few minutes, let me show you how to make the most out of a much shorter time allocated to doing yoga stretches.
What about a more advanced practice?
- Consider attending a yoga retreat for a deep dive.
- Be on the lookout for other psychological benefits, such as relief from anxiety, depression, substance cravings, and massive debilitating stress.
Bu the way, the free download for this episode is a “Users Guide to Yoga Stretches”. I’ll help you clear out whatever obstacles are in your life so you can hop on your yoga mat and enjoy the lovely rewards you will experience soon enough.
Plus, I have some illustrations for you to use as your starter-kit if you are new to doing yoga.
Links mentioned in this episode
https://rosiebank.com/products/ Look for my book, Bodies, Health, and Consciousness: A Guide to Living More Consciously in Your Body Through Rolfing and Yoga. If you would like to sign up for a mini-series of Health Coaching with me, I will be glad to send you a signed copy of my book.
http://www.healthmattersbook.com/ My book, Health Matters.
https://www.rancholapuerta.com/ This is a beautiful retreat center in Mexico.
Other links that you might find to be useful
https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/11-yoga-retreats-can-actually-afford Affordable yoga retreats according to the Yoga Journal
https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/6-kid-friendly-yoga-retreats Kid friendly yoga retreats according to the Yoga Journal.