Recently I wrote that I do not think that cheat days are a good idea when it comes to your health. How about a win day? One day when you astonish yourself with your pro-health choices and self-honoring activities. This could be the best day of your entire week. You might enjoy how you feel both physically as well as your love for yourself so much, you might just want to do this again.
A couple of guidelines about a win day:
- Don’t make promises that you can’t keep. Set yourself up to, well, win. If on your win day, you decide to be completely sugar-free, there is no need to say I’ll never eat sugar again.
- Imagine before your win day what excellent choices you will make. See yourself getting out of bed to do that movement and stretching routine that you know makes you feel fabulous. Picture the gorgeous fruits and veggies that you will be savoring. Anticipate the energy and joy in your body when you treat yourself in this way. Psych yourself up for this special day.
- Lighten up. Have fun. Make it a game. Strive for excellence, not perfection.
- Create a list of options to choose from during the day. These might include (and are not limited to) meditating, juicing one of your meals, writing in your gratitude journal, taking time to prepare a beautiful organic salad, eliminating pesky toxins (alcohol, caffeine, sugar), doing the kinds of movement you most enjoy in your body, and replacing a typical snack for a healthier one. Make a menu that you can refer to throughout the day to keep you focused on the positive and so you have plenty of selections available.
- Have a win day buddy. Someone with whom you can select activities, play the game, share inspiration and commitment, and
celebrate with an end-of-the-day pro-health activity to reward yourself for a job beautifully done.
- Create a win day journal. What was your favorite part of the day? What were some of your most radiant positive thoughts? What is the benefit to you to gift yourself with a day like this? What do you look forward to on your next win day?
Yay for you! Don’t you just want to kiss yourself all over for taking such beautiful care of yourself, for honoring your body, and for creating abundant vitality? You inspire me!
With love and encouragement,
Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Click for a free Ebook, It Pays to Be Healthy