#5 Give Peace a Chance
Doing things that help you feel more peaceful also help you be healthier. Doing things to be healthier can also help you feel more peace.
There is a lot of talk about overcoming stress. (Bonus download about meditating and relieving stress!)
By focusing on allowing more peace and harmony in your life through deliberate practices, much of the stress disappears.
- Include regular practices that include physical relaxation, forgiveness, and giving thanks.
- Support the part of your immune system that helps you make better food choices by breathing and centering yourself.
- Let your co-workers and family know that you appreciate them, and keep any tendencies to criticize to a minimum.
- Find time to breathe, stretch, and quiet your mind, (yoga and meditation) even when your schedule is full.
I prepared this episode’s download on yoga and meditation so that you can get started and enjoy the benefits. Click below to get the free download.
What does this all have to do with your health?
- When you are calmer, you don’t need food to take the edge off.
- When you are more relaxed, you help your body reduce inflammation down to the cellular level.
- When you breathe before you eat, you improve digestion and your body’s ability to get more nutrients from your food.
- When you go for a walk rather than eat food when you are feeling anxious, upset, or overwhelmed, you train yourself to provide true nourishment to your body in forms other than food.
This can add up to weight loss, without focusing on losing weight. This can add up to improved health, without taking any medicine.
We discuss this and more on this weeks’ podcast, Give Peace A Chance.
Links mentioned in this episode
The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Health Matters by Rosie Bank
Mastery by George Leonard
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chögyam Trungpa