Your body will love you back for this delicious and nutritious drink.
It’s hard to say which is the best shake I have ever tasted because we are constantly experimenting with new combinations. But this one could be the winner.
You can and should experiment with the ratios. I love my shake very cold and sip-able through a straw. So, not too thick. My husband prefers his slightly less cold and almost thick enough that you need a spoon to get it to your mouth. That is the fun part, figuring out how to make your ideal shake. See below for the health benefits.
- About one cup of unsweetened pure coconut water. Readily available at Trader Joe’s and Costco.
- About one cup organic frozen blueberries. (Also at Trader Joe’s and Costco)
- About one tablespoon of unsweetened cacao. (You can read about this darling of a product and the company philosophy at the Artisano website, but they don’t appear to ship. We got ours at Amazon.)
- One pack USANA Probiotic
- Three scoops USANA Nutrimeal Free
- One heaping teaspoon unsweetened organic coconut flakes (Not the sweetened grocery store variety. We got this at Whole Foods)
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Savor this intensely pro-nutritious dream of a drink. You can taste the abundance of nutrients that are good for every cell in your body!
Regarding the ingredients, it is smart to have pro-health items like this on tap. We prefer to never run out of any of these items.
What this drink does not contain: Dairy, soy, gluten, processed or artificial sweeteners, any GMO’s, artificial anything, It is vegan-friendly.
What this drink does contain: 15 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber from the Nutrimeal alone, polyphenols from the blueberries and raw cacao, good-for-your blood from the coconut. It is loaded with antioxidants and will not spike your blood sugar. (Low glycemic.)
Check out Dr. Michael Lara discussing health benefits of blueberries and raw cacao.
Thanks to Dr. Tina Discepola for the descriptions of major benefits of a high-quality probiotic. From her website:
- Aid in digestion, particularly hard-to-digest foods and foods which some individuals are more sensitive
- Enhance the synthesis of B vitamins and improve calcium absorption
- Help replace and keep a healthy balance of intestinal micro-flora
- Promote vaginal and urinary tract health
- Enhance and support your immune system
With love and encouragement,
Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Click for a free Ebook, It Pays to Be Healthy
Join our community on Facebook!